Sunday, June 12, 2011

A weekend of newbies

I found me 4 caps on Friday right here in the neighborhood, which I exulted about on TAW.  My son KC brought 2 over that his lady friend drank and then came over later today with three more (plus a comic book) that he found on a walk.  While he was on his way, Scrappy and I shook down the neighborhood for yet another.  Here, then, are the new little guys in the collection:


Just offset from 12 o'clock is a Budweiser- the "league-leading" 28th- which says "FLAVOR-LOCK CROWN".  This was from KC's Sunday walk.  at 1 o'clock is a Bud Light Lime that was among my 4-cap Friday haul. At 2 is a Busch.  I have a similar cap to this, but the "twist off" and arrow are on the face on it, and everything is gold on blue, where this has the twist off (very tiny) on the side and the face is not monocolor.  He's the one we found this afternoon at the edge of a carport. 3 o'clock is a Miller  which has the "small" rather than "large" Miller above the High Life.  I just had recently found a tall twist like this; this was a Friday morning acquisition , just feet away from the BL Lime.  Beneath it is a Miller High Life Light- only my second- with the yellow ribbon indicating that had it been mailed in, Miller would have chipped in 10 cents to their veterans' program.  I'll make it up to them in some other way.

 At about 5 o'clock is a Miller Lite "2006 World Beer Cup" that has spent some time in the parking lot until Friday;  7 o'clock is a George Killian Lite that I had to pry from the tar in front of a dumpster on Friday, and it was a battle! I just found a Smirnoff Ice last week, and spent, IDK, a half-hour trying to find out if it was a beer or not.  Since several state legislatures are currently debating that very question for tax purposes as we speak, I said, "Okay, then, a "malt beverage" is a beer. "  Then Ashley drank a Smirnoff Ice raspberry burst (same cap, magenta rather than red) and it had a little brother.  That's him at 8 o'clock.  At 9 we have another of Ashley's conquests, the equally hard to determine Jack Daniels Down Home Punch.  After another half-hour long search, I finally found it described somewhere as a "premium malt beverage" and in she goes.

Next is a Sam Adams Noble Pils, which "contains all 5 Noble hops".  Noble hops are apparently the top of the line, four varieties that are official (and I guess one of the two English varieties that are sometimes included) and only Noble when grown in the area that gave each its name : Two from Bavaria, one from Bohemia (Czech Rep.) , and one from Baden-Wurrtemburg.  KC found it on his Sunday walk.

My four finds on Friday were enough to celebrate a great weekend; Another on Sunday in the same area, plus KC's 2 donations and three finds make it spectacular.   And, later this week I'll have some more e-bay babies, including one I'm still picking up bits of dropped jaw from first seeing it- put it this way: I got it for 64% of my high limit, and I generally am a pretty chincy, incremental bidder.  So I really, REALLY wanted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment